Saturday, January 8, 2011

E-Book art is hard,what to do waiting, books and Huckleberry Finn.

I Have been very busy around here. I making my book into a e-book and hope to print a few in paperback. Sounds easy right, basically it is, but then you need the Art and a Bar code. So now this is where I am at the Art and Bar code. I think putting it out on Amazon is going to be best for me. I have done a my research and feel they are best for my work.
So Art, well my book is about the American Southwest but its not a Western. So my problem a modern cover which goes on in Tombstone, Arizona. Its not what you call a modern city look. You can get WiFi all over in the town too! I will get some advice from a dear friend Natalie a graphic artist. If you need art work check out her website. http://www.natalieannsilva.com/
I was ask if I gave advice on writing, no. I think we all have our own way of doing things. I like to start a story with a notebook and pen and just write, no paragraphs and spelling is my shorthand. One bit of advice if you do write a book don't send it in on pink paper with your pretty handwriting in gold ink. I hear they don't like that at all LOL.
When I go somewhere I have my notebook and a book to read depending on my mood. I keep books in my car you never know when your going to have a long wait then you have something to do. Also you can't always get free WiFi for your mobile or laptop. I have an artist friend she keeps art supplies in her tote bag and draws. She can draw any animal so realistic.
As those of you who kindly follow my tweets know I got on the soap box mad. Sorry but I was upset that some fool felt the need to change Mark Twain's book Huckleberry Finn. This book is making a point, Racism is wrong and so is Slavery. I strongly feel that racism and slavery is wrong and sadly is still going on in this world. If we cover up the past, ignore the past we are doomed to repeat it. Those who think that it's cool to rewrite Huckleberry Finn need to read it and then read and comprehend 1984 as well as Fahrenheit 451. It will scare the daylights out of them. Off that soap box now.
As you can see I have been very busy. This year I am sure we will all do great. Let me hear from you on twitter say Hi. So what's on your mind about my book?



No comments:

Post a Comment