Friday, October 28, 2011

Tower Bridge, Tower of London




Hello Coffin-Hoppers, thank you for coming back for more. Well, we are standing on Tower Bridge. Unlike that silly woman I over heard say to her kids this is London Bridge. Yes, I corrected her. If you want to see London Bridge you need to head to American. It is proudly sitting On Lake Havasu, in Arizona. I hear its good to visit there.
Now Tower Bridge was built in Victorian era. Sadly many died building it. It still raises to let boats pass under and you can follow it on twitter. twrbrdg_itself Its good fun. This bridge took eight years to build. Let walk from over the bridge to The Tower of London.


Walk way
Engines

As you can just across the bridge is The Tower of London. We are on the North side of the river. This castle is was mostly built in the 13th century. It has been used as a prison up through the second world war. You find the Jewel House here where the Crown Jewels are keep. You have to stand in a queue to see jewels always. You can see the pearls that Queen Elizabeth I worn dangling from the crowns. Princess was mad I didn't bring a crown home to her. You can see why I said wear walking shoes, the cobble stones can be hard your feet. Traders Gate is where many unfortunate souls like Queen Anne Boleyn came in to the Tower. Now as for the ghosts there are many here. The two small prince's are just two you could see.  Walk through this castle you are walking through history of England. My first visit was on a school trip in grade school. I disappointed when we couldn't see a beheading. It's a fun place to walk around. 







Now come back Monday, I will meet you at Hampton Court. I fancy living there. I will also have a give-away. You could win a nice Halloween gift from me a signed copy of my book. So be back on Halloween.
If you like you can also follow Big Ben he tweets too.  @big_ben_clock Good way to keep track of time on twitter.
Thank you so much for your support. It has been nice to meet you all. So time to hop over to one of these spooky writers blogs http://coffinhop.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you! London is on my bucket list. I read your Arizona post. I stayed a few weeks in Scottsdale and Phoenix a few years ago, also had a trip through Albuquerque. I think the whole Southwest is haunted...lol. Not as bad as Louisiana, but yes - haunted. Many restless spirits there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!! I once was in London for 12 hours and ran around seeing as much as I could but I got sucked into the pubs for most of that time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Loved the tips you gave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tower of London is certainly a great place to visit! Never been inside Tower Bridge. Thanks for the pics!

    J.C.
    Coffin Hopper

    Read my Coffin Hop post HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour! I always think of the Tower of London as being a very sad place. But then I always think of the Simpsons episode, when Homer was locked in the Tower and they called him "the most villainous blackguard since Edward the Puppy-Eater." And then I smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.
    I hace always thought the Tower of LOndon must be one of the most haunted places on this planet...definitely a must see.
    Thank you for the virtual tour. I enjoyed it.
    - Kim
    hopping from "Wrestling the Muse"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures. I've always wanted to visit the Tower of London.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to London so I really appreciated this photo tour--it's nice to see it through someone else's eyes. The photos are beautiful and the comments made it come alive.

    I hope I can get back here tomorrow! This is a lovely blog...

    Cheers,
    Ash

    Kraftmatic Adjustable Blog
    #8 on the Coffin Hop
    http://ash-krafton.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete