Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ruined Books

Its been a very busy last few days for me. As I was moving books to paint the den I found bugs eating my books. It turned out to be termites. The bug man came cleaned up those and then said he will be back this week to put a moat around my house and fill with termite killer. I will also have holes in my walls filled with termite be-gone. All I know is it is pet safe. During this process I have lost a total of 50 books. I know that seems a lot to some, and few to others. I have over 2000 books. Each one is special in its own way. My first editions and autographed ones are fine. All my Stephen King are fine as well.
The cost is high over 1000$. Which is my travel money, I should say was my travel money. I have been so lucky to have lived all over the world and never have I had bugs. I lived in the Azores not so much as an ant. After moving to Tucson I have had ants, crickets and now these evil termites. I hope none of you ever get these things.
I have had little time to do writing this week. A one day job took three days. At least the den is painted. Thank you for following I do hope I haven't bored you too much. So Tomorrow I install Dragon it came in the post today so things are looking up. I am off to have a cup of tea, so how has your week been?

Princess and I, in good times no termites.
Yes she is a corgi, I have always had them.

No comments:

Post a Comment